Taking on your home’s gutter cleaning duties on your own can have a number of negative consequences. Believe it or not, you run the risk of inadvertently harming others or even yourself. Whether you own a residential or commercial property, professional gutter cleaning is a necessity.
Gutter cleaning can be expedited and made more cost- and time-effective for homeowners by a qualified company like North West Exteriors. Gutter cleaning calls for specialized tools and equipment, knowledge and experience, attention to safety and property protection, and more.
Taking the DIY route for gutter cleaning can create more problems than it solves. Give our team of gutter cleaning experts at North West Exteriors a call today at 864-554-0025. We are conveniently located in Greenwood, SC, and service the surrounding areas.
The Issue With Dirty Gutters
Gutters serve a specific purpose and are an essential component of any roofing system. Although you may not realize it, dirty gutters cause a slew of issues. Here are some of the consequences of failing to clean your gutters on a regular basis:
- Can cause flooding: Your roof’s gutters direct rainwater away from your house when it rains. If you don’t clean your gutters, various types of debris can build up and cause clogged gutters. The water in your basement will soon overflow and flow down your house.
Flooding may not be noticeable at first, but it will occur over time and with plenty of rainfall. Cleaning your gutters can save you money and headaches associated with cleaning and repairing a flooded basement. Book a call today!
- Water damage: Rainwater will eventually seep into your home’s siding, subfloor, and window frames as it cascades down its sides.
This will eventually cause water damage, which can be much more expensive to fix than hiring a pro to clean your gutters. Additionally, water can penetrate your driveway, resulting in holes and cracks.
- Foundation issues: A clogged gutter, believe it or not, can also cause foundation issues in your home. Water from your gutters can seep underneath your home if it has a basement, crawl space, or slab.
Too much water can erode the clay, dirt, or sand that lies beneath your home, causing your foundation to shift. This will eventually result in cracks or, worse, buckling in your foundation.
- Damage to your roof: In addition to water damage, a clogged gutter can cause serious damage to your roof. When gutters become clogged, water has nowhere to go but down. Standing water can cause shingles to deteriorate and become saturated more quickly.
When this happens, the roof deck is damaged, causing your insulation to become soaked. As a result, water will enter your home and destroy your walls and ceilings.
- Algae, moss, and grime: Water collects in clogged gutters, and moss and algae thrive in moist conditions. Such growths can detract from your home’s curb appeal. Moss, grime, and algae, on the other hand, can cause significant damage to your roofing system’s components.
Hire Professional Gutter Cleaning Services
With so much at stake in your home, hiring professional gutter cleaning services is both an easy decision and a wise investment. Give our team at North West Exteriors a call today at 864-554-0025